Greg La Follette, Steelhead's consulting winemaker, has received widespread critical acclaim. His winemaking experiences at Beaulieu Vineyard, Flowers Winery have enabled him to develop an extensive grape grower network, allowing him to secure the best grapes of the North Coast.
- Earned a double BA in Plant Biology and Chemistry from CSU Northridge, and a Masters in Food Science and Technology at UC Davis
- In 1991, Greg left Davis for Beaulieu Vineyard where he was research viticulturist/enologist with wine master André Tchelistcheff
- Hired on as winemaker and general manager for Flowers Vineyard & Winery in 1996
- Joined Steelhead Vineyards in 2012 as Consulting Winemaker
- Greg believes in what the French call ”elevage,” or, to raise—gently nurturing a wine along through its various stages, starting in the vineyard
- His winemaking mission: to make beautifully balanced wines exhibiting finesse
- Innovative Winemaker: Phase Picking, Acacia Barrels, unique Blends